Often times some items such as alternators, starters, steering racks, etc require a core charge.
Q: What is a core charge?
A: It is basically a deposit when purchasing a rebuilt part to make sure the old part is returned to the manufacturer through us. The manufacturer wants to make sure not to run out of a supply of the rebuild-able parts.
We will charge core on certain products, which is clearly displayed on the website.
The core charge will be credited back to you once we receive your old part in the following condition:
- Old part must be returned in the OEM package you received your rebuilt
- Cores must be drained of all fluid or the core credit will not be refunded
- All cores must be the exact equal of the part purchased
- Cores must be returned in the same box your new/remanufactured part came in. This applies especially to alternators, starters, Bosch parts, brake calipers and steering racks.
- The old part must be complete, assembled, unmodified, and in rebuildable
- Return packages must be sent shipping charges prepaid. COD packages will not be accepted.
- Core return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer and are not refundable.
- Upon inspection and acceptance of a qualified return, a credit or refund will be issued in the same form as the original payment.
Note: Core charges won’t be credited if the above requirements are not met. Cores must be returned to us within 30 days from the original ship date.